Type of information: IPO
Company: Galapagos (Belgium)
Amount: € 279 million
Funding type: IPO
* On May 19 2015, Galapagos announced a capital increase in connection with the closing of its global offering. As of today, Galapagos\' total share capital amounts to €207,747,029.16; the total number of securities conferring voting rights is 38,403,176, which is also the total number of voting rights, and all securities conferring voting rights and all voting rights are of the same category. The total number of rights (warrants) to subscribe to not yet issued securities conferring voting rights is 3,011,805, which equals the total number of voting rights that may result from the exercise of these warrants (but excludes the 625,740 warrants of Warrant Plan 2015 which were created on 30 April 2015, subject to acceptances). Galapagos does not have any convertible bonds or shares without voting rights out. Galapagos\' global offering of 7,532,499 ordinary shares, consisted of an underwritten public offering of 5,746,000 American Depositary Shares, at a price of $42.05 per ADS, before underwriting discounts, and a concurrent European private placement of 1,786,499 ordinary shares at a price of €37.00 per share, before underwriting discounts, for gross proceeds of approximately €278.7 million ($316.7 million). This includes the full exercise of the underwriters\' greenshoe option to purchase additional shares. All of the ordinary shares and the ADSs were offered by Galapagos. Each of the ADSs offered represents the right to receive one ordinary share. Galapagos\' ordinary shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam and Euronext Brussels under the symbol \"GLPG.\" The ADSs are listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol \"GLPG.\"
* On May 18, 2015, Galapagos announced that the underwriters of its global offering have exercised the greenshoe option in full. The greenshoe option granted to the underwriters was for the purchase of up to an additional 749,478 new ordinary shares in the form of American Depositary Shares, at a price of $42.05 per ADS, before underwriting discounts, and up to an additional 233,021 new ordinary shares in a concurrent private placement, at a price of €37.00, before underwriting discounts, representing 15% of the ADSs and ordinary shares placed in the global offering. This greenshoe exercise brings the total gross proceeds for the global offering to approximately $317 million (€279 million). Each of the ADSs offered represents the right to receive one ordinary share.
* On May 14, 2015, Galapagos announced the pricing of its global offering totaling $275 million gross proceeds of 6,550,000 new ordinary shares, consisting of 4,996,522 American Depositary Shares at $42.05 per ADS, and 1,553,478 ordinary shares at a price of €37.00 per share, both before underwriting discounts. These shares were placed in a concurrent public offering in the US and private placement in Europe. The price per ADS was based on €37.00 per ordinary share at an exchange rate of $1.1365 per €.
* On May 7, 2015, Galapagos announced that in connection with its global offering currently being conducted, Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, has indicated an interest in purchasing the Euro equivalent of $25 million of ordinary shares in the global offering.
* On May 6, 2015, Galapagos announced that it intends to offer and sell, subject to market and other conditions, approximately $200 million of its ordinary shares in a global offering, which is comprised of an offer of ordinary shares in the form of American Depositary Shares, and an offer of ordinary shares in Europe and countries outside of the United States and Canada in a concurrent private placement. Investors other than qualified investors under applicable law will not be eligible to participate in the ordinary share private placement.