Type of information: Private placement
Company: Medivir (Sweden)
Amount: 155 million SEK (€ 15.75 million)
- Medivir intends to use the net proceeds from the Directed Issue to more rapidly advance the development of the Company’s clinical portfolio while simultaneously conducting out-licensing discussions for MIV-711, with the ambition of entering into a partner agreement during 2018. The net proceeds, together with existing funds, are intended to be used for general business purposes, including ongoing research, as well as:
– completion of the MIV-711 phase IIa osteoarthritis extension study,
- – completion of the birinapant dose escalation portion of phase I/II study in combination with Keytruda®,
- – start and completion of the MIV-818 (HCC nuc) phase I study, and
- – preparations for the start of the pivotal phase III CTCL study for remetinostat.
- • On February 2, 2018,Medivir announced that the board of directors of Medivir has, based on the issue authorization granted by the extraordinary general meeting on 26 January 2018, resolved on a directed issue of 3,968,841 new class B shares at a subscription price of SEK 39 per share, which means that the Company will receive proceeds of approximately 155 MSEK before transaction related expenses. The intention to carry out the Directed Issue was announced on 1 February 2018. The subscription price has been established on the basis of an accelerated bookbuilding process.
The Directed Issue generated strong demand from Swedish and International life sciences specialist investors, such as Gladiator and Nyenburgh Investment Partners, as well as current large shareholders.
The Directed Issue entails an increase of the number of shares and votes in Medivir by 3,968,841, and an increase of the share capital by approximately 30,801,590 SEK, from approximately 157,692,588 SEK to approximately 188,494,179 SEK, resulting in a dilution of approximately 16 per cent of the number of shares and of approximately 14 per cent of the number of votes after the Directed Issue. Following the Directed Issue, the number of shares in Medivir will amount to 24,287,818, of which 474,769 class A shares and 23,813,049 class B shares, and the total number of votes to 28,560,739. As previously announced, all class A shares in Medivir will be converted to class B shares.
Therapeutic area: Infectious diseases