Type of information: IPO
Company: ArgenX (Belgium - The Netherlands)
Amount: $114.7 million
Funding type: IPO
- • On May 23, 2017, argenx announced the closing of its initial public offering in the United States of 6,744,750 American Depositary Shares at a price to the public of $17.00 per ADS, for gross proceeds of approximately $114.7 million. This includes the full exercise of the underwriters' option to purchase additional ADSs. Each of the ADSs offered represents the right to receive one ordinary share.
- argenx's ordinary shares are listed on Euronext Brussels under the symbol "ARGX". The ADSs are listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol "ARGX".
In addition, argenx announced the listing of and the commencement of dealings in its 6,744,750 new ordinary shares underlying the ADSs on the regulated market of Euronext Brussels
- On May 19, 2017, argenx announced that the underwriters of its initial public offering in the United States have exercised their overallotment option to purchase 879,750 additional American Depositary Shares in full. This option exercise brings the anticipated total gross proceeds from the Offering to approximately $114.7 million from the sale of an aggregate of 6,744,750 ADSs. Each of the ADSs offered represents the right to receive one ordinary share.
- On May 18, 2017, argenx announced the pricing of its initial public offering in the United States with anticipated gross proceeds totalling approximately $100 million from the sale of 5,865,000 American Depository Shares , at a price to the public of $17.00 per ADS.
- All of the ADSs are being offered by argenx and each of the ADSs offered represents the right to receive one ordinary share. argenx had earlier increased the Offering from 3.6 million ADSs to 5.0 million ADSs and has finally further increased the Offering to approximately 5.9 million ADSs.
- On April 24, 2017, argenx announced that it filed a registration statement on Form F-1 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for a proposed public offering in the United States of its American Depositary Shares representing ordinary shares. All ADSs to be sold in the offering will be offered by argenx. The offering is subject to market and other conditions, including the effectiveness of the above-referenced registration statement. argenx's ordinary shares are currently listed on Euronext Brussels and argenx has made an application to have its ADSs listed on the NASDAQ Stock Market under the symbol "ARGX".
- Cowen and Company and Piper Jaffray & Co. are acting as joint bookrunning managers for the proposed offering, and JMP Securities and Wedbush PacGrow are acting as co-managers. Kempen & Co is acting as argenx's advisor in connection with the proposed offering.
- On March 1, 2017, argenx announced that it has confidentially submitted a draft registration statement on Form F-1 to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission relating to the proposed registered public offering of its ordinary shares in the United States. The timing, number of ordinary shares and price of the proposed offering have not yet been determined.