Type of information: Plant acquisition
Acquired company: Sanofi’s inhalation contract manufacturing business
Acquiring company: Recipharm (Sweden)
- • On October 1, 2018, Recipharm and Sanofi announced that they have completed the acquisition of Sanofi’s inhalation contract manufacturing business including a manufacturing facility located in Holmes Chapel, UK.
- • On June 14, 2018, Recipharm and Sanofi announced that they have signed an agreement to transfer the Holmes Chapel site from Sanofi, to Recipharm.
- The Holmes Chapel manufacturing facility is one of the leading sites of its type in Europe and is home to a team of more than 450 specialist employees. All employees will automatically transfer to Recipharm.
- The transaction is expected to close in Q4 2018, after customary licences and permissions have been obtained.
- Announced in June 2018, the acquisition forms part of Recipharm’s M&A growth strategy, which is focused on expanding its full service offering to include specialist, in-demand capabilities
- The manufacturing facility located in Holmes Chapel includes development and manufacturing capabilities for novel respiratory products that complements the inhalation development expertise offered by the Recipharm team in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. The facility is home to a team of more than 450 specialist employees.
- The prime technologies manufactured at the facility include metered dose inhalers and nasal sprays. It also houses several development suites specifically for dry powder and other inhalation technologies.
Related: Technology - Services
Is general: Yes