Type of information: Company acquisition
Acquired company: Genoma Group (Italy)
Acquiring company: Eurofins Scientific (Luxembourg)
- • On June 26, 2017, Eurofins Scientific, a global leader in bio-analytical testing, and genomic services, announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Genoma Group, one of the leading specialty diagnostics testing providers in Italy
- The transaction is expected to close in the next few weeks, subject to customary closing conditions.
This acquisition provides Eurofins a strong entry platform into the clinical testing market in Italy, and strengthens the Group’s footprint in the specialty diagnostic testing market in Europe. In return, Genoma should be able to further develop its portfolio of tests and services, as well as consolidate their client reach, by leveraging the Group’s renowned capabilities in genomic testing and its international presence.
- With 20 years of clinical testing innovation, Genoma offers a wide range of specialty diagnostic testing services, and has developed a strong reputation in molecular biology and cytogenetics. Specifically, the company is a pioneer in non-invasive pre-natal testing (NIPT) in Italy, and leads the industry in innovative diagnostic tests in oncology.
- Genoma employs about 100 staff across its 2 main sites in Rome and Milan, and generates annual revenues in excess of € 20m. The company serves hospitals, physicians and other laboratories which outsource the more complex diagnostic tests to Genoma.
- Given the ongoing consolidation in the clinical testing sector in Europe, the company is well-positioned to leverage and strengthen its footprint in the specialty diagnostic testing sector.