Type of information: Series A financing round
Company: Tmunity Therapeutics (USA - PA)
Investors: Ping An Ventures (China) Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy (USA - CA) Gilead Sciences (USA - CA) Be The Match BioTherapies University of Pennsylvania (USA - PA) Lilly Asia Ventures (China)
Amount: $ 100 million
Funding type: series A financing round
- The proceeds from the Series A will be used to advance and expand the business and operational structure of Tmunity to support the rapid translation, development and manufacture of its portfolio of novel T cell based immunotherapies, first for the treatment of cancer.
- Tmunity was founded on an exclusive collaboration and license agreement with the University of Pennsylvania, offering proprietary technologies and unparalleled expertise in first-in-patient cell and gene therapies of its scientific founders, led by Carl H. June.
- The company is developing novel T Cell Receptor (TCR) engineered T cells, regulatory T cells (Treg), universal engineered T cell platforms, and Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR) therapies that exhibit best-in-class control over T cell activation and direction in vivo, as well as proprietary technologies to activate, expand, and genetically engineer T cells from peripheral blood, cord blood and tumors. Tmunity has secured its own manufacturing facility in Norristown, that will enable process improvement and production scale-up to support future multi-center clinical studies across diverse therapeutic indications.
- Tmunity's first programs are CAR-T and TCR programs targeting solid tumors. In addition, Tmunity is pursuing multiple preclinical stage programs, including potential currative approaches in HIV and certain autoimmune diseases.
- • On January 23, 2018, Tmunity Therapeutics announced the closing of a $100 million Series A financing. Syndicate investors, which include Ping An Ventures, Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy, Gilead Sciences, Inc. and Be The Match BioTherapies, join seed round investors, the University of Pennsylvania and Lilly Asia Ventures. Tmunity Therapeutics represents the second investment made by Be The Match BioTherapies since its creation by the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP)/Be The Match® in January, 2016.
Therapeutic area: Cancer - Oncology - Autoimmune diseases - Infectious diseases