Type of information: Collaboration agreement
Compound: SIRIUS™ and MERCURY™
Company: Integragen (France) Google Cloud (USA - CA)
Therapeutic area: Technology - Services
Type agreement: collaboration
- genomic analysis tool. MERCURY is a biological interpretation tool for oncology designed to help pathologists and oncologists transform raw data obtained via high-throughput sequencing into a clinical molecular report for
diagnostic and clinical use. MERCURY minimizes the complexity, time, and costs associated with the clinical interpretation and identification of variants that may be of interest in the therapeutic management of patients.
- SIRIUS assists researchers to quickly and intuitively analyze sequencing data from individuals from one or more families to identify genes or variants of interest by testing all transmission hypotheses, even if complex. SIRIUS provides researchers with ease of use and speed of analysis despite considerable volumes of data being analyzed.
- • On November 12, 2018, IntegraGen announced it will be
collaborating with Google Cloud for the implementation of IntegraGen’s advanced genomic analysis tools, SIRIUS™ and MERCURY™ into the Google Cloud Platform. This partnership will enable widespread online availability, rapid data transfer and enhanced data security to clinicians and
researchers utilizing these analytical tools. This collaboration between the Google Cloud and IntegraGen will facilitate important genomics research projects and aid in the analysis of sequencing data, enhancing the adoption of personalized
approaches to medical care. Contributing to making these new approaches widely available to clinicians and researchers worldwide is not only a significant business opportunity but also a major advance for providing access to care.
- The collaboration included technical support from Google Cloud and its partner SFEIR for the onboarding of SIRIUS and MERCURY into the Google Cloud Platform. Users of the tools can now run genomic interpretation projects in parallel, faster than ever before. Going forward, IntegraGen
continues to add additional features to both tools while exploring the capabilities of Google Cloud’s range of big data and innovative Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions. Both companies continue to work in close cooperation to conform to the strictest data privacy and security standards in Europe and comply with HIPAA regulations in the United States.
- The solution that has been jointly developed uses a full suite of Google Cloud Platform tools including:
- • Google Kubernetes Engine providing a high-performing, flexible infrastructure, allowing the connection with external apps with higher availability, and elastic infrastructure, permitting to run jobs in parallel like and dramatically reducing cycle time.
- • Google Compute Engine VMs and Google Cloud Storage provide High Performance Computing clusters, enhanced by using local SSDs attached to the nodes allowing a significant performance improvement for the specific tasks that require deal with massive temporary files.
- • Google BigQuery, the serverless, highly scalable, enterprise data warehouse.